A law firm recently hired TERIS to collect email in response to a motion to compel. The firm’s client had a 3rd party IT vendor who directed TERIS to an email Exchange server. The amount of email on the Exchange server was not nearly enough related to the request. TERIS experts quickly realized that additional ESI must be residing elsewhere on the network. Further investigation revealed that employees were saving PST archives to a shared folder on a separate network from the main email Exchange once their mailbox reached a certain size limit. Had we not notified outside counsel that this was a red flag they would have certainly under-produced.”
A neutral third-party expert can help manage these first few steps to Identify, Preserve & Collect client data with consistent results:
- Determine “where the bones are buried”
- Provide defensible, documented collection steps
- Limit firm/client IT staff exposure
- Offer low fixed-rates for cost predictability
- Fulfill Preservation Obligation with a forensic “Time Capsule” of data
If you would like more information about eDiscovery or how TERIS solutions can assist you, please contact us!