- enriched technological innovation improving and refining identification and collection of case-related data,
- assessing data and sorting it by relevance, and
- for integration into litigation strategy.
Applying the eDiscovery Method
eDiscovery is by now an essential component of most business and much criminal litigation. Its fundamental strategic elements are:
- documentation of the relevance of discovered materials to the case at hand,
- preservation of materials for presentation in court, and
- communication of the discovery to the appropriate counsel.
eDiscovery software is increasingly plentiful, but doesn’t operate in a vacuum. Skilled practitioners are required to ensure that your litigation strategy brings the desired results. It may be that your firm has an in-house eDiscovery expert, but if not, find an outside vendor. With such a vast quantity of data to analyze, unqualified documentation and evaluation of the evidence will only make you seem unprepared in the courtroom.
If you would like more information about eDiscovery or how TERIS solutions can assist you, please contact us!