Event Alert: ‘Four Perspectives on Preservation and Proportionality’ E-Discovery CLE
By Chris Bright, Legal Hold Pro
Legal Hold Pro, a TERIS partner, is hosting a CLE program on Thursday, May 17, in New York City for attorneys and e-discovery professionals to get the very latest information on best practices for data preservation. ‘Four Perspectives on Preservation and Proportionality: The Judge, The GC, Plaintiffs’ Counsel and Defense Counsel’ will provide and update and lively discussion on how to meet the higher preservation standards of the courts while also mitigating risk and reducing costs.
The program, being held at the historic New York City Bar Association Building in Mid-town Manhattan, features a distinguished panel:
- Hon. James Francis (U.S. Magistrate, S.D.N.Y)
- Lynn Dummett (SVP and Sr. Counsel, Allianz Global Investors)
- William Butterfield (Partner at Hausfeld LLP)
- Robert Owen (Partner, Sutherland Asbill & Brennan)
The panel will be moderated by Hon. Ronald Hedges, a former U.S. Magistrate Judge and frequent presenter nationally on e-discovery issues. Read complete bios of the presenters here.
During the 90-minute presentation, Judge Hedges will lead the panel in discussion including the following topics:
- What should parties be doing before litigation arises in order to mitigate cost and risk?
- A look at potential updates to the FRCP that specifically address preservation
- What does ‘proportionality’ mean in today’s legal environment?
- Review the SDNY Pilot Program designed to improve e-discovery
- How can law firms become more engaged in their clients’ preservation?
The program is complimentary, but registration is required and seating is very limited, so reserve your seat now by clicking this link. We expect this program to be completely full.
- Date: Thursday, May 17, 2012
- Time: 8:30 to 10:00 a.m.
- Location: New York City Bar Association Building, 42 W. 44th Street, New York, NY 10036
- Cost: Complimentary, but registration is required and space is limited
- CLE Credit: Pending for New York
- Registration and more information
Please email Legal Hold Pro at [email protected] or call 1-888-376-0666 if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in New York in May.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.