20 eDiscovery Blogs for Legal Professionals to Follow (Updated)
The complexities of eDiscovery make constantly following recent eDiscovery news and developments a necessity for most legal professionals. EDiscov
ery is a part of all forms of litigation and continues to grow and evolve at an astounding rate.
Fortunately, there are a number of blogs that track eDiscovery developments and we’ve compiled an updated list of 20 (in no particular order) we think are worth bookmarking to stay updated on re
1. Electronic Discovery Law– Published by K&L GATES and chock full of great information; this blog/Web site is made available by the contributing lawyers or law fi
rm publisher solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general legal principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance.
Discovery– This is a technology blog highlighting data and legal discovery insight and intelligence. Written by the CMO of CloudNine, Complex Discovery allows you to stay up to date with everything from current discovery cases, educational content, market sizing and other regul
arly scheduled updates.
3. Law 360– Law360 provides the intelligence you need to remain an expert and beat the competition. Recently acquired by LexisNexis, this blog has a plethora of infor
mation on everything from intellectual information to international arbitration.
4. e-Discovery Team– This blog by Ralph Losey takes a multidisciplinary look at eDiscovery, addressing the issue from a law, IT, and science perspective all at once.
5. Ride the Lightning– For information on information technology, information security, and digital forensics, check out this blog written by Sharon D. Nelson. The posts on Ride the Lightning cover news events all over the world related to privacy issues, cyberattack, legal aspects of information security and electronic evidence, etc.
6. LegalTech News– This blog provides insightful, and jargon-free coverage of legal technology trends and developments to an audience of legal industry professionals, helping them use technology and innovation to deliver faster, better, and cheaper legal services. LegalTech’s audience is made up of lawyers, IT leaders, paralegals, support staff and vendors.
7. Ball in your court– Musings on E-Discovery & Computer Forensics. Published by Craig D. Ball, P.C.. Craig Ball’s column, “Ball in Your Court,” has won Gold or Silver Medal recognition as Best Regular Column or Best Contributed Column from the Trade Association Business Publications International and/or from the American Society of Business Publication Editors every year since 2006!
8. EDD Blog Online– The EDD Blog addresses issues such as cloud computing, technology assisted review, digital forensics, social media, and big data. EDD Blog Online is written in part by the president of Electronic Evidence Labs.
9. Lit Support Today– This blog serves to advance the litigation support professional in their career by providing insight into the latest events, developments and activities about the profession, the people and the happenings that are driving the field forward.
10. Discover Ready– This blog helps readers find fresh thinking on information intelligence. Browse their eDiscovery blog, case studies, webcasts, and more.
11. EDD Update– This blog is an endeavor that combines the efforts of Law.com Legal Technology and Law Technology News. Consult EDD Update for breaking stories regarding verdicts and rulings relevant to e-discovery issues.
12. Technology & Marketing Law Blog– Authored by Santa Clara University law prof Eric Goldman, posts cover topics such as lawsuits related to keyword advertising, online contracts, and court rulings related to the Defend Trade Secrets Act and the Communications Decency Act.
13. The e-Disclosure Information Project– The e-Disclosure Information Project is run by Chris Dale, a former commercial litigation partner turned e-Disclosure consultant. The Project aims to bring together lawyers, suppliers, courts and corporations with an interest in electronic disclosure, and to disseminate information about the court rules, the problems and the software and services available to handle them.
14. 3 Geeks and a Law Blog– devoted to actual technology and how it affects one’s law practice. Visit for tips on information management, discussions of new legal tech and analysis about the future of legal services.
15. Future Lawyer– In this blog, attorney Richard M. Georges incorporates his personality and sense of humor into the posts while covering all things technology.
16. E-Discovery Beat– Owned by Exterro, subscribe to E-Discovery Beat for resources provided for attorneys and litigation support professionals. E-Discovery Beat aims to “tame the chaos” involved in eDiscovery procedures.
17. eDiscovery Daily Blog– This blog owned by CloudNine Software, provides educational tools for eDiscovery practitioners and latest news and case law in the world of digital discovery.
18. eDiscovery Journal– Peruse through the postings on E-Discovery journal for practical advice and impartial information. On this blog, you can research eDiscovery technologies, services, or experts to find a solution to any many possible eDiscovery quandaries.
19. Legal Project Management– Read this blog for suggestions and commentary on conducting a wide range of legal procedures. Legal Project Management occasionally addresses the issue of eDiscovery.
20. E-Discovery Law Alert– Written by lawyers from a law firm practicing in several mid-Atlantic states, E-Discovery Law Alert analyzes recent events related to e-discovery and delves into the intricacies of information management law in a corporate context.
That’s our list – what do you think? Are there any blogs we missed?
July 12, 2017 | Josh Markarian | TERIS
The post 20 eDiscovery Blogs for Legal Professionals to Follow (Updated) appeared first on Teris Blog.